Metallica to Headline 5 Major Music Festivals With Different Setlists
After many rumors in addition to a countdown clock on the group’s website, it’s been confirmed that Metallica will be playing five massive festivals in 2020 in the United States, promoted by Danny Wimmer Presents. It appears frontman James Hetfield will be back for these dates.
story continued below…
Metallica will be playing the Friday night of each of these fests, and they will play the Sunday night of each fest – and each set will feature a completely unique setlist. The press release states the following:
- Epicenter (May 1-3) at its new location at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC
- Welcome To Rockville (May 8-10) at its new location at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, FL
- Sonic Temple Art + Music Festival (May 15-17) at MAPFRE Stadium in Columbus, OH
- Louder Than Life (September 18-20) at Highland Festival Grounds at KY Expo Center in Louisville, KY
- Aftershock (October 9-11) at Discovery Park in Sacramento, CA
The press release notes that these will be the only U.S. festival performances for the band in 2020. Here is the live official announcement:
Promoter Danny Wimmer commented “Metallica isn’t just another headliner. When Metallica takes the stage, it’s an event. It’s an experience. That’s the same standard we’ve set for every DWP festival – from the first band to the last band, and everything that happens in between. I can’t wait to bring the biggest band in the world to the biggest rock festivals in America,” says Danny Wimmer, founder of Danny Wimmer Presents, the largest independent festival producer in the U.S. “Metallica paved this road that we travel. How many artists on the bill at these five festivals first picked up an instrument, or first started a band, because of Metallica?”
Tickets for all events go on sale TODAY (October 10) at 12 PM PT/3 PM ET for Fan Club members and for past purchasers of tickets for Danny Wimmer Presents events. The general public onsale begins Monday, October 14 at 9:00 AM PT / Noon ET. Keep an eye on this space for discounted tickets.